These fiber-rich muffins are great for a quick and easy breakfast to go! Delicious and healthy, they will surely be a hit with the kids.
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of unprocessed wheat bran
- 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Coat muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Get a medium bowl and whisk the eggs and brown sugar until smooth. Now add in the vanilla extract, canola oil, wheat bran, buttermilk and bananas and whisk until the batter is consistent.
- Get a large bowl and add in the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, all purpose flour, cinnamon and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients from the medium bowl to the dry ingredients in the large bowl and stir together with a spatula until combined.
- Scoop the batter and place into the the muffin tray.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the muffin batter.
- Place muffins in oven and cook 16 to 22 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Per serving: 200 calories; 6 g fat(1 g sat); 4 g fiber; 34 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 40 mcg folate; 32 mg cholesterol; 15 g sugars; 11 g added sugars; 69 IU vitamin A; 2 mg vitamin C; 83 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 217 mg sodium; 232 mg potassium