This easy slow-cooker chicken noodle soup is chock-full of vegetables and noodles, and gets extra creaminess from a little light cream cheese.
- 3 cups of water
- 2 1/2 cups of chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 cups dried egg noodle
- 1 1/2 cups fresh, sliced mushroom
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celary
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed, dried thymes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker combine broth, the water, chicken, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, thyme, and garlic-pepper seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in cream cheese until combined. Stir in uncooked noodles. Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more or just until noodles are tender.
- Let cool to desired temperature and enjoy.
- Serving size: 1½ cups
- Per serving: 170 calories;6 g fat(2 g sat); 2 g fiber; 12 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 0 mcg folate; 54 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 3 mg vitamin C; 45 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 381 mg sodium; 381 mg potassium