This incredibly simple and quick recipe for roasted sweet potatoes relies on the most basic of seasonings—olive oil, salt and pepper. Ready in just 30 minutes, it’s a great side dish for a family dinner on a busy weeknight but because it’s so easy and delicious, it can also be doubled or tripled and served at larger gatherings.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), scrubbed
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside. Cut unpeeled sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil, kosher salt and pepper in a large bowl. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer in the prepared baking pan. Roast about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy on cut sides and tender inside, turning once.
- Serving size: ⅔ cup
- Per serving: 85 calories; 2 g fat(0 g sat); 2 g fiber; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 9 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 11,584 IU vitamin A; 2 mg vitamin C; 25 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 168 mg sodium; 276 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (232% daily value)