With a variety of beans and spices, this chili has it all. One serving will fill you right up, but we know you’ll be coming back for seconds.
8 Servings (10 cups)
- 1 onion (diced) 1cup
- 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1 cup
- 2 carrots (diced) 1/2 cup
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- salt and pepper
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from the can of chipotle
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- Turn stove onto medium heat.
- Get large sauce pan and pour in vegetable oil.
- After the oil is warmed, add in the onion, carrot and bell pepper.
- Cover the pan and let cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the cumin and stir for 1 minute.
- Turn the stove to high.
- Add in the beef, cook until no longer pink. Stir to break up the meat.
- Add in oregano, adobo sauce, chipotle sauce, tomatoes, water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes with the lid partially covered. Stir occaionally
- Add in the beans and cook an additional 20 minutes with lid partially covered. Stir occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!