This simple and tasty zucchini bread recipe is great to serve for your friends and family, whether if it’s for brunch, dessert, or even a scrumptious side dish, this luxury bread will curb everyone’s sweet tooth! The blueberry and lemon combo topped with toasted almonds, is a great mix of satisfying and healthy. A fun twist on your standard zucchini bread! Give it a try!
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tbs grapeseed oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbs toasted sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and spread oats on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, (takes about 10 minutes) and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Move the oats into a large bowl. Next, add flour, baking powder and salt (whisk works best). Then combine eggs, sugar, oil and lemon zest in a medium bowl and add zucchini and stir until mixed. Add the zucchini mixture to the flour mixture, fold until incorporated then add blueberries.
- In the prepared loaf pan, pour in the batter then bake until golden brown. Insert a toothpick in the center until it comes out clean, around 65 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.insert knife along side of the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool for an hour.
- Last, whisk confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth then drizzle the glaze over the cooled loaf and sprinkle with almonds.