Healthy and delicious, cauliflower is a great substitute for rice. This fiber filled veggie fits in great with the peas and carrots to add even more nutrition to this meal. Top it all off with garlic and sesame seed oil and you will be wishing you made extras for leftovers.
- 3 cups raw cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor or blender until it resembles rice.
- Heat the stove to a medium-high temperature, then sautè the garlic in sesame oil for 30 seconds.
- Add in cauliflower, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in peas and carrots and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slide veggies to side of the pan, and scramble the eggs on empty side.
- Stir veggies and cooked eggs together.
- Place mixture in bowl, top with almonds and green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!