Does October have you in the mood for Pumpkin? Try this fantastic, low calorie Pumpkin + Sweet Potato bisque!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 3 cups fat free vegetable broth
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bake sweet potatoes in oven until fully cooked and soft inside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large saucepan with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, stirring, until it just begins to brown (2 to 4 minutes).
- Add garlic, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in tomato juice, ginger, allspice and salt & pepper. Bring the heat to a slight boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and roughly chop. Place them in a food processor or blender along with broth and pumpkin. Puree until completely smooth.
- Add the puree and Greek yogurt to the pot and stir well to combine. Heat until hot. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 3/4 cups
PER SERVING: 188 calories; 1 g fat; 20 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 5 g fiber
Original recipe can be found here.