- 1 large portobello mushroom, roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed (no salt added can)
- 2 T unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 t salt
- 3/4 t garlic powder (divided)
- 3/4 t smoked paprika
- 1 t ground pepper
- 3 T canola mayo
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 T ketchup
- 1 t dijon mustard
- 1 T EVOO
- 4 whole wheat toasted hamburger buns
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 thin slices red onion
- In a food processor- place mushroom, black beans, almond butter, 1 T mayo, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and salt and pulse once or twice. Scrape down the sides until the mixture forms together when pressed. Transfer to bowl- then add quinoa and oats. Stir well to combine and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk ketchup, mustard and left over mayo (2 T) and 1/4 t garlic powder in small bowl until smooth.
- Shape mushroom mix and roll into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a large pan or non stick skillet over medium high heat, then add patties and cook until golden. About 4-5 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Serve burgers on the toasted buns with sauce, tomato, onion and lettuce.