Ingredients -4 servings
• Canola or olive oil cooking spray
• ½ cup whole-wheat flour
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons cornmeal
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1½ pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into ½-by-3-inch sticks
• Active 20 m
• Ready In 40 m
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag. Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
3. Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
• Easy cleanup: Recipes that require cooking spray can leave behind a sticky residue that can be hard to clean. To save time and keep your baking sheet looking fresh, line it with a layer of foil before you apply the cooking spray.
Serving size: 6 zucchini sticks
• Per serving: 129 calories; 2 g fat(0 g sat); 3 g fiber; 23 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 46 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 342 IU vitamin A; 30 mg vitamin C; 33 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 423 mg sodium; 520 mg potassium
• Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value)
• Carbohydrate Servings: 1½
• Exchanges: 1 starch, 1½ vegetable