Whole wheat tortillas get a light topping of cheese, sweet red peppers and adobo sauce for a zesty quesadilla. It’s a quick and delicious lunch that is very simple to make.
- 2 Ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle chili peppers
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno chili pepper
- Non stick cooking spray
- Avocado slices (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and adobo sauce until smooth. Spread over one half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the chopped red sweet peppers, green onions and jalapeno chili peppers over the cream cheese mixture.
- Coat an unheated large skillet with non stick cooking spray, and preheat oven to a medium heat.
- Cook 2 quesadillas at a time for about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once halfway through.
- Top with avocado. (optinoal)
- Let cool for several minutes and enjoy.
- Serving size: 1 quesadilla
- Per serving: 132 calories; 6 g fat(2 g sat); 7 g fiber; 12 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 16 mcg folate; 10 mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 800 IU vitamin A; 27 mg vitamin C; 76 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 265 mg sodium; 86 mg potassium